Download the Sonia for Students App: Instructional Video
Welcome to Sonia the Clinical Placement system used by the Paramedic Science Program at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
Please click on the Mandatory Requirements button for Information and Fact Sheets for each Mandatory Requirement
Please note: To be eligible for Clinical Placement students must have all mandatory requirements uploaded to their Sonia file by Friday 1st June, 2018.
Student Paramedic Uniforms
You will be required to purchase the student paramedic uniform which includes shirt, trousers, boots, belt, personal protective equipment and soft shell jacket before going on placement. The approximate cost of the full uniform set is $550. You will be notified by the Placement Office by email when fittings are scheduled.
You will also be required to purchase other items of personal medical equipment such as a stethoscope and sphygmomanometer.
All travel and accommodation expenses incurred whilst undertaking clinical placements are the responsibility of the student.
Please note: While the University will attempt to place you close to your preferred placement area for clinical practicum courses this cannot be guaranteed and you may be required to undertake some of your clinical placements outside the region or in a rural area within Queensland.
For access to PebblePad please click here
To log into Sonia:
- on the tab at the top of this page first select ‘Student’ using the drop down arrow on the role box
- next enter your ‘USC username’ and ‘password’ in the spaces provided
- then click on the ‘sign in’ button.
This will take you to your School Home Page giving you access to the following:
- 'Placements' - click on this tab to see a list of your outstanding mandatories and current placements
- 'Forms' - click on this tab to complete electronic forms eg. Student Placement Agreement
- 'My Details'
- 'Checks' - view the currency of your mandatory documents
- 'History' - view your past placements
- 'Documents' - uploading and viewing your pre-clinical documentation
- 'Calendar' - this tab is not currently in use