Field Education in Social Work and Human Services
WELCOME to Sonia
the Placement system used by Social Work and Human Services at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
Download the Sonia for Students App: Instructional Video
For Quick Guides and Step by Step Instructions on the use of Sonia for Students and Supervisors please click the Start button
Please click on the Mandatory Requirements button for Information and Fact Sheets for each Mandatory Requirement
To log into Sonia:
- first select ‘Student’ using the drop down arrow on the role box
- next enter your ‘USC username’ and ‘password’ in the spaces provided
- then click on the ‘sign in’ button.
This will take you to your School Home Page giving you access to the following:
- 'Placements' - click on this tab to see a list of your outstanding mandatories and current placements
- 'Forms' - click on this tab to complete electronic forms eg. Student Agreement
- 'My Details'
- 'Checks' - view the currency of your mandatory documents
- 'History' - view your past placements
- 'Documents' - uploading and viewing your pre-placement documentation
- 'Calendar' - this tab is not currently in use
Sonia provides Students with electronic access to:
- select Placement site preferences
- current reminders and important dates
- your Placement details
- site information
- track progress
- upload final reports and attendance forms
- electronic forms
Please Note: It is the responsibility of each student to ensure their mandatory documents are current and that the originals are available for sighting on request from USC or Placement Staff.