This is the Placement system used by the WES (Work Experience Scheme) Program at the University of the Sunshine Coast.
Please allow at least 3 weeks to set up a placement with an organisation with no previous partnership arrangement with the University.
To submit an application
- Check the list of USC eligible programs included in the Work Experience Scheme,
- Log on to SONIA ONLINE using your existing USC student login details
- Go to the 'Forms' tab
- Select the 'WES Student Application' and Add to your profile
- Select the 'Edit' button, complete the form and press 'Submit'
If you are unable to access the WES Student Application it may mean your current program of study is not on the list of pre-approved programs, please request approval from your Program Coordinator and email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for the work experience scheme.
Once you have logged into Sonia Online, your School homepage will become active. From here you can access information relating to your Placement including:
- your placement details;
- Forms and information for Mandatory Requirements;
- Reminders and important dates;
- Electronic forms;
- Facility information;
- Selecting placement group preferences;
- Uploading and viewing documentation.
If you are unable to login to WES Sonia Online it may mean your current program of study is not on the list of pre-approved programs.
Please request approval from your Program Coordinator and email email@example.com to apply.
Please visit the Events page to view all current events.
It is the responsibility of each student to ensure their mandatory documents are current and that the originals are available for sighting on request from USC or Placement Staff.
This database is a ‘work in progress’ – you may still need to check Blackboard for additional information, and some facility information may be provided via additional emails. If you believe any of the content is incorrect please contact the placement coordinator.